Friday, October 17, 2014

PUMPKIN PATCH Witch Shoe

Finished a witch shoe that's been in my work space for ages.  I've posted about it before, but finally got the details finished.  I just love how the long narrow shape of this shoe turned out.  (Daughter actually shaped the newspaper toe for me.)



With thirty-one Jack O'Lanterns all over it, I'm calling it "Pumpkin Patch".  Each JOL has a different expression.  Some are happy.  Some are sad, scared, surprised...a little of everything.  It reminds me of a pumpkin jewelry set I created for a craft swap a long while back.  They'd probably go well together.  :)  It's fun to come up with different faces for them.



One is in the center of the buckle in front.  Three in the inside sole.  Three are on the heel.  And, the rest are around the shoe along with various fence posts.



I used four copper wires that sort of sprout out the toe with flower beads on them.  And a black ruffle around the buckle to soften it up a bit.



This one is on it's way to New Zealand over the next week.  Should make it there by Halloween.  Hope it arrives safely.  **crossing fingers**

If you don't hear from me before then... HAVE A CRAFTY HALLOWEEN!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to buy the pumpkin patch shoe. How can I do that?

mieljolie said...

I'm sorry, The Pumpkin Patch shoe was sold already. I suffered some health issues that made it difficult to work, and I wasn't able to create any more witch boo'ts or shoes. But now with diet change helping, I would love to get back to it at some point. We shall see what the future holds. Thank you for you interest in my work.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I think the shoe is great. I hope some day you will make one for me. Keep me posted. I really want one.

Unknown said...

Did you get my last email.I really want the shoe. Please keep me posted.

mieljolie said...

Must apologize again. Was busy helping the daughter prepare speech for her graduation yesterday.

I have a few ideas for them that I put aside long ago that I would love to get back to. And, I still have one tall heeled shoe in my shelf that just won't speak to me on how it wants to look. Haha Will definitely post on this blog, as well as my facebook page at crafty.mieljolie if I manage some time/energy for a shoe or boot.